My lasagna noodle chips turned out great and are out-of-this-world crispy. And the dip truly tastes like rich, cheesy Italian-American lasagna. —Linda Cifuentes, Mahomet, Illinois
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut noodles into 2-in. pieces; prick each piece several times with a fork. Mix Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry noodles in batches 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- For dip, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into fine crumbles. Stir in ricotta, spaghetti sauce, garlic and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with Italian cheese. Microwave, covered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Serve with lasagna chips. Yield: 3 cups dip (36 chips).
Originally published as Lasagna Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lasagna Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review