- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt.
- Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into
- a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with
- three noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture,
- 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 323 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.