Lasagna Corn Carne Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, beans, vegetables, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with four noodles. Repeat layers once. Layer with half of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Layer with the remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 313 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Lasagna Corn Carne
"Made this for dinner tonight and will not make again. Celery, onion and pepper would have been better sauteed with the beef. Mozzarella and parm gave it an odd taste. Would have been better with cheddar or even jack cheese."
"I made this as directed with the following changes: no celery, medium salsa, no Parmesan, and used pepper jack cheese. It definitely had some heat but tasted really good."
"It was fantastic!"
"Very poor taste. It's a mix of too many flavors that do not compliment each other. Maybe it was the brand of salsa I used that did not suit the recipe."
"My husband and I both loved this recipe! I'm not a fan of creamed corn, so I was leery about how it would taste, but it was fabulous! I followed the recipe exactly as printed, next time I'm going to use ground turkey like MorganM did - great subsitution! Definitely a keeper recipe!"
"Made if for a get together. Everyone loved it. They all said it was a keeper!"
"This is a delicious take on traditional lasagne! I tried using the 'no-boil' lasagne noodles and used black beans in place of the kidney beans -it turned out delicious! My family rated it 5 out of 5 stars! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!"
"I made this recipe for my family, and we were all pleasantly surprised at the wonderful taste! I substituted great northern beans for the kidney beans. The only downside to this delicious recipe is that it is a long process, about two hours from start to finish."
"This recipe is great. The only change I made to it was that I added not only 1 can of the kidney beans but a can of black beans, used 2 pints of my own salsa which already had corn peppers and onions in it. My husband went nuts over it. This is a keeper.Dana Ramsey of Northumberland, PA"
"This recipe is one of my favorites! I substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. This is a real crwod pleaser!"