- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, beans, vegetables, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with four noodles. Repeat layers once. Layer with half of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Layer with the remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lasagna Corn Carne
Sort By :
Made this for dinner tonight and will not make again. Celery, onion and pepper would have been better sauteed with the beef. Mozzarella and parm gave it an odd taste. Would have been better with cheddar or even jack cheese.
I made this as directed with the following changes: no celery, medium salsa, no Parmesan, and used pepper jack cheese. It definitely had some heat but tasted really good.
It was fantastic!
Very poor taste. It's a mix of too many flavors that do not compliment each other. Maybe it was the brand of salsa I used that did not suit the recipe.
My husband and I both loved this recipe! I'm not a fan of creamed corn, so I was leery about how it would taste, but it was fabulous! I followed the recipe exactly as printed, next time I'm going to use ground turkey like MorganM did - great subsitution! Definitely a keeper recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Lasagna Dinners >