Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (24 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lasagna Casserole
Sort By :
Changed a couple of things: I mixed everything together prior to cooking, then topped with a smidgen of extra marinara, then the mozzarella. I also used turkey instead of beef, and whole grain noodles. EXCELLENT dish, three of us cleared out one whole pan! I definitely wouldn't count this as a "quick dish" though, 15 min prep time goes on the assumption that you for some reason keep cooked noodles on hand.
I've been making this for years! The changes I've made are: I use 1-1/2 lbs. gd. beef, extra onion, and I add extra mozz cheese on the top. I also cook this in a 15"x10" dish. I will often turn the oven up to 375 degrees at the end and cook for another 5 minutes or so to better brown the cheesy topping. -Lori in WI.
I would make this again but, would mix the spaghetti sauce with the noodles rather than putting it on top. I also added chopped spinach to it for a little more nutrition.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >