Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lasagna Casserole
Sort By :
"Made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit and there was enough for my husband lunch. Thank You for recipe!"
"Made this for my family of 5 tonight and it was delicious! Served with fresh garlic sourdough toast and green salad. I used Prago Traditional style rather than Ragu as we like it better. It made a huge pan full...divided leftovers with half in freezer and half in refrigerator for dinner later. Three meals from one recipe! Great meal for guests too...early prep and pop in oven 1.15 before serving. Easy and quite tasty!"
"This was great. I added in a little red bell peppers which made it even more perfect."
"Made this tonight and it was great. I layered my pasta and sauce and it came out delicious!"
"Wished I could give this 10 stars! Fantastic is the only word that comes to mind. Made this the day before and baked it last night! Used 1.5 Lb. of ground turkey & took the advise of other reviewers and mixed everything together, added garlic powder & once it was in the casserole dish, topped it with 1 cup of pasta sauce and followed the direction. Pasta only took 8 min. to cook, so the time was no issue at all. This recipe is so wonderful that you can serve it to your guests, with a side of salad & Italian crusty bread! Best of all, the fact that you can make it a day ahead is so awesome. This will be on the list of my top recipes to keep.Deb, thank you so very much for sharing your love of cooking with us at Taste of Home!"