- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lasagna Casserole
Sort By :
"Made this the first time tonight. Made LOTS of changes based on reviews of those that made it and my own personal tastes. I used mafalda noodles to make it seem more like lasagna. I also used ricotta cheese instead of the cottage cheese. I took some ground sweet Italian sausage and browned that up. Use a combo of homemade sauce that I have on hand and some packages alfredo sauce. This just makes it a bit cheesier for me and I cannot have lots of tomato anyways. My homemade sauce has some meatballs in it so that was just an added bonus. Came out very tasty and am taking the 2nd batch (I made in a 13x9 and round casserole dish) to work. To me it seemed to take about the same amount of time as if I was to layer everything. I just hate to do that part so this is a keeper for me."
"Very delicious and less time consuming than regular lasagne!! I think next time I will layer half the pasta with half sauce and meat and repeat. I used ricotta but I think the cottage cheese would also be wonderful!! A delicious, winning recipe that is easy to tweak to your liking!!"
"Made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit and there was enough for my husband lunch. Thank You for recipe!"
"Made this for my family of 5 tonight and it was delicious! Served with fresh garlic sourdough toast and green salad. I used Prago Traditional style rather than Ragu as we like it better. It made a huge pan full...divided leftovers with half in freezer and half in refrigerator for dinner later. Three meals from one recipe! Great meal for guests too...early prep and pop in oven 1.15 before serving. Easy and quite tasty!"
"This was great. I added in a little red bell peppers which made it even more perfect."