- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lara's Tender Gingersnaps
"Absolutely delicious cookie"
"Wonderful recipe. Kathy Biehn, do you think it was you'r baking and not the recipe. Alot of amazing reviews except yours."
"These are so good!! Perfect amount of spices and crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside."
"These gingersnaps are exactly what I was looking for. Perfect level of spice, and wonderful, chewy consistency. I don't like a crunchy ginger cookie, and I like a mild molasses flavor. These delivered on both chewiness and flavor balance. This is my new go-to!"
"Made a double batch and passed them out at work, parties, and to friends. I've never had so many compliments on a baked good! Even from people who normally don't care for ginger snaps!"
"First ginger cookie I ever made, love it!!! Yummier when warm. Thanks for sharing."
"good cookie (I did omit the cloves because we don't care for their flavor) and added some funfetti on top; they were a bit gooey, but maybe next time I'll try leaving them in the oven 1 more min."
"Much yummier when they're still warm"
"My daughter made these today and they are delicious. She made them bite-size and they came out perfectly shaped and fluffy. They would hold up great if transporting."
"These cookies are terrible! I wouldn't even give them one star. I thought the dough was a little too gooey when I put it in the refrigerator. I left it there overnight. They are nothing like the picture. They went flat and were still gooey. This recipe is going in the garbage. Most likely, the cookies will too!"