Lara's Tender Gingersnaps Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lara's Tender Gingersnaps
Sort By :
"These cookies are wonderful, and they taste even better the second day. I added 1 T. King Arthur Soft Diced Ginger. I used a size 50 scoop and it portioned it out to exactly 36 cookies. I rolled them in coarse sparkling sugar and they looked very attractive."
"Just made a double batch. A really nice light cookie. Will be making this again for sure. Thanks. I make cookies every Friday to take to work for the weekend during the tourist season as I live out in the boonies and am an interpreter for Nature Conservancy of Canada on their property that adjoins our ranch and have coffee and cookies ready for our tourists. So always on the lookout for extra special cookie recipes - this will be one of them."
"I bake alot and these had to be the worst cookies I have ever baked. They looked nothing like the photo and they were so hard - you would have broke a tooth off if you tried to eat one. They never flatten out like the photo - they just stayed in a 1 inch ball - I even tried to make their larger and cut down on the bakng time - nothing helped - they truely were the most awful cookies I have ever tried to make. I make everything from scratch - but this recipe is one to take the cake - not worth getting your mixer out to make!!! BAD BAD!!"
"These things were hard as bullets. I wondered when I saw how much flour was involved compared to the liquid ingredients. The taste is fine, but the "snap" is from your teeth breaking off"
"These were delicious! Thanks for sharing!"