- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lara's Tender Gingersnaps
"Made a double batch and passed them out at work, parties, and to friends. I've never had so many compliments on a baked good! Even from people who normally don't care for ginger snaps!"
"First ginger cookie I ever made, love it!!! Yummier when warm. Thanks for sharing."
"good cookie (I did omit the cloves because we don't care for their flavor) and added some funfetti on top; they were a bit gooey, but maybe next time I'll try leaving them in the oven 1 more min."
"Much yummier when they're still warm"
"My daughter made these today and they are delicious. She made them bite-size and they came out perfectly shaped and fluffy. They would hold up great if transporting."
"These cookies are terrible! I wouldn't even give them one star. I thought the dough was a little too gooey when I put it in the refrigerator. I left it there overnight. They are nothing like the picture. They went flat and were still gooey. This recipe is going in the garbage. Most likely, the cookies will too!"
"Started these yesterday forgetting that they had to be refrigerated -- which they were for almost 24 hours and everything worked perfectly! I measure flour after sifting; and used 2-3/4 (self rising since that is what I had) cups -- everything else was the same; but did not roll in sugar! We don't like large cookies (used the larger cookie scoop 1-1/2 Tablespoon initially) so used the medium cookie one afterwards which is suppose to hold 2 teaspoons of dough! We loved them and definitely will be making in the future."
"Excellent cookies. Were very tender and awesome flavor. Everyone loved them! Will make them often."
"Good gingerbread flavor. My husband liked that they were a soft cookie."
"Excellent coolies, soft and chewy. Dough made up easily and it was easy to work with. This is a keeper recipe, will definitely make again!"