Landmark Hot Chocolate
With or without a nip of rum, my hot chocolate recipe has been a Wisconsin winter warmer for years. When the toboggan hills are calling, I skip the whipped cream and take a thermos to go. It’s always a hit and it ensures nobody is left out in the cold! —Mark Phillips, Bayfield, Wisconsin
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla rum, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon stick, optional
- Heat the first five ingredients over medium heat in a small saucepan
- just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove
- from heat; stir until smooth. Add rum if desired. Pour into a mug;
- top with whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired.
- Yield: 1 serving.