With or without a nip of rum, my hot chocolate recipe has been a Wisconsin winter warmer for years. When the toboggan hills are calling, I skip the whipped cream and take a thermos to go. It’s always a hit and it ensures nobody is left out in the cold! —Mark Phillips, Bayfield, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla rum, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon stick, optional
- Heat the first five ingredients over medium heat in a small saucepan just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Remove cinnamon stick; add rum if desired. Pour into a mug; top with whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Landmark Hot Chocolate in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p58
Reviews for Landmark Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review