Landmark Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla rum, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon stick, optional
- Heat the first five ingredients over medium heat in a small saucepan just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Add rum if desired. Pour into a mug; top with whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Landmark Hot Chocolate(2)
Sort By :
This recipe is for hard core chocolate lovers! I used Baker's brand semi sweet baking chocolate squares, and followed the recipe exactly. It turned out so thick, rich, and creamy, it's almost sinful... My new favorite hot chocolate recipe, for sure!
OMG this is SO good - used 1/2 & 1/2 since I didn't have any heavy cream and a 1.3 oz bar of Hershey Special Dark. I also added just a pinch of salt to pop the chocolate (no rum!). It was so rich and thick I can't image what it would be like made with heavy cream. This is going to be my new special treat.