- 1 boneless pork loin chop (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cubes fresh pineapple (1-inch)
- 1 medium plum, quartered
- 6 cubes papaya (1-inch)
- 4 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and plum. On two additional skewers, alternately thread papaya and shrimp. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; set aside.
- On a greased grill rack, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until pork juices run clear and shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently with lime mixture. Yield: 4 kabobs.
Originally published as Land and Sea Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Land and Sea Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review