Lance's Own French Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon and pepper. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. Cut into decorative shapes. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 3. Freeze option: Cool French toast on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat French toast in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each French toast on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 slices (calculated without cinnamon sugar) equals 218 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.