Lance's Own French Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Sugar and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon and pepper. Dip bread in egg mixture; cook on a greased hot griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. Cut into decorative shapes and sprinkle with sugar and additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
2 slices (calculated without sugar) equals 218 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.