Lance's Own French Toast
“When my son, Lance, helps me make this French toast, he knows what order to add the ingredients and even how much to measure out. It’s great for the whole family!”
—Janna Steele, Magee, Mississippi
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min./ batch
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Sugar and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon and pepper.
- Dip bread in egg mixture; cook on a greased hot griddle for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut into decorative shapes and sprinkle with sugar and additional
- cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices (calculated without sugar) equals 218 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.