“When my son, Lance, helps me make this French toast, he knows what order to add the ingredients and even how much to measure out. It’s great for the whole family!” —Janna Steele, Magee, Mississippi
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon and pepper. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut into decorative shapes. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Freeze option: Cool French toast on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat French toast in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each French toast on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lance's Own French Toast in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p64
Reviews for Lance's Own French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
"Very yummy and so easy. Although I did not add the pepper."
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2013
"My husband and I both loved it..Will definitely make again."