Lancaster Spiced Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Additional chopped dried apricots, dried cranberries and raisins
- Honey and additional ground mace
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, apricots, cranberries and raisins. In a small bowl, beat 1 cup cream until it begins to thicken. Add the ginger, mace and cardamom; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into ice cream. Spoon into a 1-1/2-qt. gelatin mold. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. To unmold, wrap bottom of frozen mold in a warm towel until loosened, or dip mold in a pan of warm water. Invert onto a serving plate.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over top and sides of dessert; sprinkle with additional apricots, cranberries and raisins. Freeze until serving. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with additional mace. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 392 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.