Lancaster Spiced Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Additional chopped dried apricots, dried cranberries and raisins
- Honey and additional ground mace
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, apricots, cranberries and raisins. In a small bowl, beat 1 cup cream until it begins to thicken. Add the ginger, mace and cardamom; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into ice cream. Spoon into a 1-1/2-qt. gelatin mold. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. To unmold, wrap bottom of frozen mold in a warm towel until loosened, or dip mold in a pan of warm water. Invert onto a serving plate.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over top and sides of dessert; sprinkle with additional apricots, cranberries and raisins. Freeze until serving. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with additional mace. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 392 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Lancaster Spiced Ice Cream Dessert
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.