- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Additional chopped dried apricots, dried cranberries and raisins
- Honey and additional ground mace
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, apricots, cranberries and raisins. In a small bowl, beat 1 cup cream until it begins to thicken. Add the ginger, mace and cardamom; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into ice cream. Spoon into a 1-1/2-qt. gelatin mold. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, wrap bottom of frozen mold in a warm towel until loosened, or dip mold in a pan of warm water. Invert onto a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over top and sides of dessert; sprinkle with additional apricots, cranberries and raisins. Freeze until serving. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with additional mace. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lancaster Spiced Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p131
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lancaster Spiced Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review