- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lambertville Station Coconut Bread
Sort By :
"nice, had originally at Lambertville Station, quick bread goes nicely with varied courses."
"This bread has a very nice flavor, slightly sweet, with a nice blend of vanilla, almond and coconut flavors. It was on the dry side, however, so next time I will add two tablespoons of melted butter to the batter. It needed 55 minutes to bake in my oven. I will definitely be making this bread again!"
"Would NOT recommend this recipe. Not much taste. I feel I wasted all the ingredients. I will put it outside for the birds to eat."
"I made this and it didn't come out very well...it was very heavy. The taste was OK, but it was very floury. Disappointed with this recipe"
"I have lived in Lamertville for many years and have had dinner at the station many times, I love the coconut bread there. Now living in Cape May County and I was so pleased to see this recipe. I have tryed this recipe twice and it is not the same, there is something missing in this recipe and it may need some oil or shortning of some kind. I will try it again and add some oil.GG"