Hearty, golden-brown bread made with toasted coconut is a long-time Lambertville Station specialty. Enjoy this sweet treat next time you crave distinctive bakery. —Lambertville Station, Lambertville, New Jersey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Lambertville Station Coconut Bread in Taste of Home
Reviews for Lambertville Station Coconut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review