Lambertville Station Coconut Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lambertville Station Coconut Bread(16)
Sort By :
I made this and it didn't come out very well...it was very heavy. The taste was OK, but it was very floury. Disappointed with this recipe
I have lived in Lamertville for many years and have had dinner at the station many times, I love the coconut bread there. Now living in Cape May County and I was so pleased to see this recipe. I have tryed this recipe twice and it is not the same, there is something missing in this recipe and it may need some oil or shortning of some kind. I will try it again and add some oil.
this baked up beautiful, Loved it, Quick and Easy, my 9yr old grandaughter helped make it, Our only complaint is its dry, and took much longer to bake than 50 mins. but could of been my oven,! the toasted coconut taste , yummmmmm
I thought this would be more of a dessert. It wasn't sweet and there was just a hint of coconut. I was disappointed, but the taste of the bread was okay.
This bread was so quick and easy to make. I subsituted 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz.) for regular milk and it came out wonderful.