Lambertville Station Coconut Bread Recipe
Hearty, golden-brown bread made with toasted coconut is a long-time Lambertville Station specialty. Enjoy this sweet treat next time you crave distinctive bakery. —Lambertville Station, Lambertville, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 182 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC