Lambertville Station Coconut Bread
Hearty, golden-brown bread made with toasted coconut is a long-time Lambertville Station specialty. Enjoy this sweet treat next time you crave distinctive bakery.
—Lambertville Station, Lambertville, New Jersey
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 182 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,