Lambertville Station Coconut Bread
Hearty, golden-brown bread made with toasted coconut is a long-time Lambertville Station specialty. Enjoy this sweet treat next time you crave distinctive bakery.
—Lambertville Station, Lambertville, New Jersey
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar,
- baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or
- until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 182 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,