- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lambertville Station Coconut Bread
Sort By :
"I made this and it turned out great. It was moist and sweet. I used whole milk and fresh coconut toasted. It is really good when you toast a slice in the toaster oven and spread butter on top. Also store it in a zip lock bag to keep it moist. I highly recommend this recipe. I don't even like coconut but I had a whole coconut and I needed something to do with the coconut meat so I found this recipe and I think it's really good. The only down side is that it is a bit dense."
"nice, had originally at Lambertville Station, quick bread goes nicely with varied courses."
"This bread has a very nice flavor, slightly sweet, with a nice blend of vanilla, almond and coconut flavors. It was on the dry side, however, so next time I will add two tablespoons of melted butter to the batter. It needed 55 minutes to bake in my oven. I will definitely be making this bread again!"
"Would NOT recommend this recipe. Not much taste. I feel I wasted all the ingredients. I will put it outside for the birds to eat."
"I made this and it didn't come out very well...it was very heavy. The taste was OK, but it was very floury. Disappointed with this recipe"