- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients;
- add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight.
- In a saucepan. saute green onions in butter until tender. Add vinegar
- and wine or broth and grape juice; bring to a boil. Add mint and
- sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce
- is reduced to 3/4 cup. Strain; discard mint. Set sauce aside.
- Thread onion wedges onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with
- salt and pepper. Discard marinade from lamb. Grill chops, covered,
- over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read
- 160°; well done, 170°). Grill onion skewers for 2-3 minutes
- or until tender.
- In a large skillet, saute green onions and garlic in oil and butter
- until tender. Add the spinach, salt and pepper; saute for 2-3
- minutes or until spinach just begins to wilt and is heated through.
- Place on a serving platter. Remove onion from skewers; place onion
- and lamb chops over spinach. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.