Lamb With Sauteed Veggies Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, mustard, vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Place the lamb chops on a broiler pan. Spread remaining mustard mixture over both sides of chops. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, zucchini and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir in reserved mustard mixture; toss to coat. Serve with lamb chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.