Lamb With Sauteed Veggies Recipe
Ruth likes to serve this streamlined supper at family functions. "My parents raised sheep for more than 30 years, so I have several lamb recipes," she shares. "Not only are these chops tender, but they cook quickly." While the lamb broils, Ruth sautes red pepper and zucchini to accompany it. "People always comment on this great combination," she assures.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, mustard, vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Place the lamb chops on a broiler pan. Spread remaining mustard mixture over both sides of chops. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, zucchini and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir in reserved mustard mixture; toss to coat. Serve with lamb chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lamb With Sauteed Veggies in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lamb With Sauteed Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review