Lamb with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 2 tablespoons white grape juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard seeds; transfer puree to a small saucepan. Stir in the cucumber, apple, grape juice and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until cucumber and apple are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add lamb chops. Cook, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 230 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Lamb with Raspberry Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.