Lamb with Apricots Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless lamb shoulder roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cubed
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, cinnamon and coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the lamb and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Add apricots, orange juice, almonds and orange peel.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in broth. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 280 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Lamb with Apricots
"Very tasty. Took far longer than 15 minutes to prep (with cutting up and de-fatting the lamb shoulder), but it was very tender and nicely flavoured."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.