Lamb with Apricots Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless lamb shoulder roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cubed
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, cinnamon and coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the lamb and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Add apricots, orange juice, almonds and orange peel.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in broth. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 280 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Lamb with Apricots
"Very tasty. Took far longer than 15 minutes to prep (with cutting up and de-fatting the lamb shoulder), but it was very tender and nicely flavoured."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.