- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups chopped lamb's-quarter (tender new leaves)
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk or 1-2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add lamb's-quarter; cook and stir until wilted. Cover and remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese and lamb's-quarter mixture. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° bake 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lamb's-Quarter Quiche in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Lamb's-Quarter Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review