Lamb Ratatouille Recipe
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cooked lamb or beef, cut into thin strips
- 1. Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute the rice mix in butter until browned. Stir in water and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute vegetables in oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb and vegetables to the rice. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 369 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Lamb Ratatouille
"Since our kids are grown and moved away my wife and I struggle to find a good recipe for our leftover lamb. This fits the bill. It is quick,easy and very good. It also makes great leftovers!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.