"This quick-and-easy recipe is a great way to use up leftover lamb - and so good, your family will never guess it's a second-day dish," assures Maxine Cenker of Weirton, West Virginia. "It's also good with beef," she adds.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cooked lamb or beef, cut into thin strips
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute the rice mix in butter until browned. Stir in water and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute vegetables in oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb and vegetables to the rice. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Ratatouille in Quick Cooking December 2000, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lamb Ratatouille
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review