Lamb Noodle Stroganoff
Lamb is such a tender and flavorful meat. It make a great additional as the protein in this stroganoff dish. This comes together so quickly and disappears just as fast.Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook lamb and garlic until lamb is browned; drain. Stir
- in tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat
- mixture. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until
- smooth; stir in onions. Spread over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- cheese and paprika; let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Variation: Ground beef can be substituted for the lamb.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 549 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium,