Lamb Noodle Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook lamb and garlic until lamb is browned; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Place noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat mixture. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; stir in onions. Spread over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika; let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 549 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.