Lamb Noodle Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook lamb and garlic until lamb is browned; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Place noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat mixture. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; stir in onions. Spread over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika; let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 549 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Lamb Noodle Stroganoff
"Great recipe with either lamb or beef. The only thing I changed was that I add in some of the Cavendars Greek Seasoning. Gives it that extra kick of flavor that the recipe needed!"
"Either the Sour Cream or the Cream Cheese was too much. Didn't finish it, didn't save it."
"This is an excellent casserole choice for using ground lamb."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.