Lamb Noodle Stroganoff Recipe
Lamb is such a tender and flavorful meat. It make a great additional as the protein in this stroganoff dish. This comes together so quickly and disappears just as fast.Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook lamb and garlic until lamb is browned; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Place noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat mixture. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; stir in onions. Spread over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika; let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Noodle Stroganoff in Reminisce May/June 1994, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lamb Noodle Stroganoff(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review