Lamb Meatball Sandwiches with Mint-Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb
- MINT-YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled seeded cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- Cucumber slices and fresh arugula
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, raisins, walnuts, mint, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and salt. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in remaining oil in batches. Drain on paper towels. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Line buns with cucumber slices and arugula; fill with meatballs and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 642 calories, 35g fat (10g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 872mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Lamb Meatball Sandwiches with Mint-Yogurt Sauce
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.