- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, raisins, walnuts, mint, 1
- tablespoon oil, garlic and salt. Crumble meat over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into 12 balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in remaining oil in batches.
- Drain on paper towels. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking
- pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Line buns
- with cucumber slices and arugula; fill with meatballs and drizzle
- with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 642 calories, 35 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 872 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.