Lamb Marsala Recipe
"Lamb was a special treat for my family when I was growing up," recalls Bonnie Silverstein of Denver, Colorado, "I've had this recipe for more than 30 years.
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup white grape juice and 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 New Zealand boneless leg of lamb (2-1/2 pounds), rolled and tied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, garlic and oregano; set aside. Rub oil over lamb, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; spoon some of wine mixture over roast. Set aside remaining wine mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with some of reserved wine mixture. Remove from the oven; cover loosely with foil for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms until tender. Add pan dripping and any remaining wine mixture; heat through. Slice lamb and serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Marsala in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lamb Marsala(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Lamb >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lamb >