Lamb Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Pour 1 tablespoon marinade into a small bowl. Stir in yogurt; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. Drain and discard marinade from lamb. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, mushrooms and zucchini.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve with couscous and yogurt mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 500 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Lamb Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce
"We had this on the grill tonight with chicken (it was on hand)- I had the chicken on their own skewers and zucchini and red bell pepper together. Served it in grilled pita bread with the yogurt sauce and a mix of green onions on the bias and chopped italian parsley and cilantro.It was a HUGE hit- hubs loved it and he's pretty hard to please. My 2 year old ate a bunch on rice."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.