I make these whenever I find lamb stew chunks at the meat counter. I've served it to people who aren't fond of lamb but enjoyed the flavor of these kabobs.
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked couscous
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon marinade into a small bowl. Stir in yogurt; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. Drain and discard marinade from lamb. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve with couscous and yogurt mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce in Reminisce August/September 2009, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lamb Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review