- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked couscous
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon marinade into a small bowl. Stir in yogurt; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. Drain and discard marinade from lamb. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve with couscous and yogurt mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lamb Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce
Sort By :
We had this on the grill tonight with chicken (it was on hand)- I had the chicken on their own skewers and zucchini and red bell pepper together. Served it in grilled pita bread with the yogurt sauce and a mix of green onions on the bias and chopped italian parsley and cilantro.
It was a HUGE hit- hubs loved it and he's pretty hard to please. My 2 year old ate a bunch on rice.