- 30 garlic cloves, crushed (1-1/2 to 2 bulbs)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint or 1/4 cup dried mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked mini spiral pasta
- 2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups beef broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic, vinegar, mint and oil; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- For pilaf, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and pasta; saute until pasta is lightly browned. Add bulgur and stir to coat. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning frequently. Serve with pilaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Kabobs with Bulgur Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p74
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lamb Kabobs with Bulgur Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2013
"Great alternative to rice!"