VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 30 garlic cloves, crushed (1-1/2 to 2 bulbs)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint or 1/4 cup dried mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked mini spiral pasta
- 2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups beef broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic, vinegar, mint and oil; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- For pilaf, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and pasta; saute until pasta is lightly browned. Add bulgur and stir to coat. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning frequently. Serve with pilaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Kabobs with Bulgur Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p74
Reviews forLamb Kabobs with Bulgur Pilaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2013
"Great alternative to rice!"