- 1 boneless leg of lamb or lamb shoulder (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 16 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomato and cucumber, optional
- Cut lamb into thin bite-size strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard and pepper; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Transfer lamb and marinade to a Dutch oven or large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Add peppers and onion; cook 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, place meat and vegetables on tortillas; top with tomato and cucumber if desired. Fold in sides of tortilla. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Fajitas in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lamb Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review