Lamb Chops with Mint Stuffing Recipe
This recipe really represents my area of the country-Jefferson is the "Mint Capital of the World", and a lot of lambs are raised in our valley.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped and packed
- 4 cups white or brown bread, torn in 3/4-in. pieces
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 shoulder lamb chops
- 4 teaspoons creme de menthe, optional
- Saute onion and celery in butter. Stir together with mint and bread. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg; mix lightly.
- Place lamb in a shallow baking dish; brush with creme de menthe if desired. Pile stuffing on top of chops. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Chops with Mint Stuffing in Country April/May 1990, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lamb Chops with Mint Stuffing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review