Lamb and Potato Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 266 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Lamb and Potato Stew
"I would make this recipe again and again it's so good"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.