Lamb and Potato Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 266 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Lamb and Potato Stew
"I would make this recipe again and again it's so good"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.