Lamb and Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 6 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), cut into wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Place the lamb and beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Place vegetables in another large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, beef, onions, red peppers and mushrooms. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with pita bread. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 419 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,524 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Lamb and Beef Kabobs
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.