Lamb and Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 6 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), cut into wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Place the lamb and beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Place vegetables in another large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, beef, onions, red peppers and mushrooms. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with pita bread. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 419 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1524mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein
Reviews for Lamb and Beef Kabobs
"We didn't like the pieces of lamb as much as the beef but this recipe was delicious and a perfect Friday night dinner when mom's don't feel like spending the whole night cooking!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.