Lamb & Chicken Kabobs
"In summer, I fire up the grill and toss on these great kabobs," says Weda Mosellie of Phillipsburg, New Jersey. "In the winter, I use my trusty indoor grill."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (5 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large portobello mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb,
- chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and
- pepper. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and basil; set
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side
- or until chicken is no longer pink, basting frequently with lemon
- mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 332 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium,