Lamb & Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 6 ounces sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (5 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large portobello mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb, chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and basil; set aside.
- 2. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, basting frequently with lemon mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 kabob equals 332 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.