"In summer, I fire up the grill and toss on these great kabobs," says Weda Mosellie of Phillipsburg, New Jersey. "In the winter, I use my trusty indoor grill."
- 6 ounces sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (5 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large portobello mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb, chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and basil; set aside.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, basting frequently with lemon mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lamb & Chicken Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lamb & Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review