During the busy holiday season, you'll want to stock your pantry with the ingredients for this fast and festive dessert from Gloria Aegerter. "This trifle is easy to make," reports the Summerfield, Florida cook. "It looks so pretty in a glass bowl-people will think you fussed."
Featured In: 28 Easy No-Bake Summer Desserts
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- 1 can (21 ounces) dark cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split ladyfingers; arrange on the bottom and around the edge of a 2-qt. serving bowl (about 8-in. diameter). Pour cream cheese mixture into bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, spoon pie filling over cream cheese mixture. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ladyfinger Trifle in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p57
Reviews for Ladyfinger Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review