Ladyfinger Lemon Torte Recipe
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- Lemon slices and fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine egg yolks, 1-1/4 cups sugar, lemon juice and egg whites. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon peel. Transfer to a bowl, press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Chill for 2-3 hours or until partially set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold whipped cream into the cooled lemon mixture.
- 3. Arrange 24 ladyfingers around the edge of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange 16 ladyfingers on bottom of pan. Spread with half of the lemon mixture. Layer with remaining ladyfingers; top with remaining lemon mixture.
- 4. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before cutting. Remove sides of the pan. Garnish with lemon slices and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Ladyfinger Lemon Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.