- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Line the sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in orange juice. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel; cool to room temperature.
- Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ladyfinger Lemon Dessert(19)
Sort By :
I couldn't find Ladyfingers anywhere. Going to make it with Veinna Fingers instead and see how it turns out. Advise on where to find Ladyfingers? I went to 5 different stores. Rite aide, Walmart, Albertsons, Vons and CVS. No luck at any of them. Will rerate it once I see how well it tastes looking for ingredient was hard. :-) I am thinking I did something wrong along the way. I poured into my spring pan and as I was rinsing my bowl I turned around to find it leaking all over my counter. Needless to say it didn't set since it was the jello part that seeped out.
I used a sugar free lemon pound cake instead of lady fingers because I could not find lady fingers. I also used sugar free lemon Jello. So the only sugar I used was what it called for. This made an almost sugar free and legal for diabetics. Every one loved it and I made it 3 times in less than a week. Great!!!!!
I made this dessert and wanted to share it, and my husband said "No ". I did anyway. Sooo Good!
Very light and fluffy and such a wonderful lemon flavor!!!! Will make again and again!
I made this recipe and the taste was great, but I found the centre to be too soft (on the second day) and the remainder was falling off the Ladyfingers...Any suggestions?? I use all the ingredients as directed.
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >