- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Line the sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in orange juice. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel; cool to room temperature.
- Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ladyfinger Lemon Dessert
"I couldn't find Ladyfingers anywhere. Going to make it with Veinna Fingers instead and see how it turns out. Advise on where to find Ladyfingers? I went to 5 different stores. Rite aide, Walmart, Albertsons, Vons and CVS. No luck at any of them. Will rerate it once I see how well it tastes looking for ingredient was hard. :-) I am thinking I did something wrong along the way. I poured into my spring pan and as I was rinsing my bowl I turned around to find it leaking all over my counter. Needless to say it didn't set since it was the jello part that seeped out."
"I used a sugar free lemon pound cake instead of lady fingers because I could not find lady fingers. I also used sugar free lemon Jello. So the only sugar I used was what it called for. This made an almost sugar free and legal for diabetics. Every one loved it and I made it 3 times in less than a week. Great!!!!!"
"I made this dessert and wanted to share it, and my husband said "No ". I did anyway. Sooo Good!"
"Very light and fluffy and such a wonderful lemon flavor!!!! Will make again and again!"
"I made this recipe and the taste was great, but I found the centre to be too soft (on the second day) and the remainder was falling off the Ladyfingers...Any suggestions?? I use all the ingredients as directed."
"Loved it. My bunco group all wanted the receipe."
"Super recipe which I made lighter by using sugar free lemon gelatin and light topping. This would even be great made in a mold and without the ladyfingers."
"This was wonderful! Very refreshing and a big hit with my family. Will certainly make this again!"
"Can't find soft ladyfingers"