Ladyfinger Lemon Dessert
Tawana Flowers of El Macero, California shared the recipe for this light, airy dessert.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Line the
- sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in orange juice. Stir in the sugar,
- lemon juice and peel; cool to room temperature.
- Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until
- firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 piece) equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.