Ladyfinger Ice Cream Cake
No one will believe you didn’t fuss when you bring out this show-stopping cake. On a hot summer day, it will melt all resistance to dessert—one cool, creamy slice at a time. —Barbara McCalley, Allison Park, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- Arrange ladyfingers around the edge and on the bottom of a 9-in.
- springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon vanilla ice cream into prepared pan. Top with a third of the
- ice cream topping and toffee bits. Freeze for 20 minutes. Repeat
- layers, using chocolate and coffee ice creams (pan will be full).
- Freeze overnight or until firm. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream) equals 365 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.