"My mom got this recipe from a friend, and after we tried it, we promised we'd never make cheesecake any other way," recalls Marcia Savery from New Bedford, Massachusetts.
14 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover;
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, arrange 25 split
- ladyfingers around the edges of a lightly greased 10-in. springform
- pan. Place 25 more on the bottom; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually
- fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Spread with
- half of strawberry mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Cover;
- refrigerate remaining strawberry mixture.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers over top. Spoon remaining cream cheese
- mixture over ladyfingers. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Serve with
- reserved strawberry mixture. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 333 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium,