"My mom got this recipe from a friend, and after we tried it, we promised we'd never make cheesecake any other way," recalls Marcia Savery from New Bedford, Massachusetts.
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, arrange 25 split ladyfingers around the edges of a lightly greased 10-in. springform pan. Place 25 more on the bottom; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. In another large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Spread with half of strawberry mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Cover; refrigerate remaining strawberry mixture.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers over top. Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Serve with reserved strawberry mixture. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Ladyfinger Cheesecake in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p49
Reviews for Ladyfinger Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review