Ladybug Cookies Recipe
These bright, sweet "ladybugs" brought me good luck when it came to pleasing guests. I frosted chocolate-covered marshmallow cookies to make the whimsical treats, and they turned out so cute I used them as part of my centerpiece. -Kendra Barclay, De Kalb, Illinois
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 3 strips black shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large black gumdrops
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt frosting and chips at 70% power; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Spread over the rounded tops of cookies; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. For head, insert two pieces of licorice into gumdrops for antennae. With a toothpick, attach a gumdrop onto the side of each cookie.
- 3. Use a toothpick or knife to draw a line from the head down the center of each cookie. For legs, insert six pieces of licorice into frosting of each ladybug. Chop remaining licorice into small pieces; place on top for spots. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Ladybug Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC