Ladybug Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 3 strips black shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large black gumdrops
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt frosting and chips at 70% power; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Spread over the rounded tops of cookies; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. For head, insert two pieces of licorice into gumdrops for antennae. With a toothpick, attach a gumdrop onto the side of each cookie.
- 3. Use a toothpick or knife to draw a line from the head down the center of each cookie. For legs, insert six pieces of licorice into frosting of each ladybug. Chop remaining licorice into small pieces; place on top for spots. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 277 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Ladybug Cookies
"i have triied these and they are delicous!!"
"these look so yummy!!"