Ladybug Cookies Recipe
These bright, sweet "ladybugs" brought me good luck when it came to pleasing guests. I frosted chocolate-covered marshmallow cookies to make the whimsical treats, and they turned out so cute I used them as part of my centerpiece. -Kendra Barclay, De Kalb, Illinois
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 3 strips black shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large black gumdrops
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt frosting and chips at 70% power; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Spread over the rounded tops of cookies; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- For head, insert two pieces of licorice into gumdrops for antennae. With a toothpick, attach a gumdrop onto the side of each cookie.
- Use a toothpick or knife to draw a line from the head down the center of each cookie. For legs, insert six pieces of licorice into frosting of each ladybug. Chop remaining licorice into small pieces; place on top for spots. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ladybug Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p37
Reviews for Ladybug Cookies(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review